less chances for PR
  Archive
Posted by:
wolfie ®

02/16/2006, 06:03:01
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi everyone,

yesterday I saw a documentry on TV about those young and new born christians in USA and Germany. So much of the euphoric emotions of those youngsters reminded me on my first time as a premie. This talking about love and peace, having a hero like Jesus to indentify with, this kind of honesty, those gatherings with brothers and sisters. They are so touched and so convinced to be on the right way, so convinced that it is scary for me, because I see the potential to be missused and missguided. What I mean specially there that this new born christians are much more attractive for youngsters than the Rawat Mission, but out of my perspective those new born christians are much more dangerous than the cult around Rawat, because in proportion there are only a few people envolved in the Rawat cult.
In an interview with a young girl from this christians that young girl said: "Everytime I see a Moslem I see that there is something missing and I immediately start praying for that Moslem"

I mean so many times I heard myself speaking that the only thing that are people missing is Knowledge and I was so sure in my idealistic attitude to do something good for this world. 

I think this young christians are a big problem for Rawat cause it seems to me much more vivid than this athmosphere of old folkshome around his gatherings. The problem are not  expremies it is the problem that there is nothing revolutionary in his presentation, like it was in our days. Rawat will become more and more a figure for a small group without relevance. But it seems that the irrational factor amongst religious groups is growing very fast and religious people become more ideological and the politics become religous. Rawat was and is somehow still in our focus, but he is a too tiny factor in time and matter.

For Rawat the TV- preacher market is interesting, his probagation is interesting because that will bring him economic security. I've read a report about those TV-preacher market in USA from the year 1985 and all thogether made round about 500 million dollars ayear. Sure Rawat wants a piece of that cake, but the problem is how to become attractive for the youngsters. Maybe his new announcment on the Weblog of his revolutionary changes have to be seen in this context.

hey folks .....excuse my english........wolfie

Modified by wolfie at Thu, Feb 16, 2006, 06:06:02

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

What I was told
Re: less chances for PR -- wolfie Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Premie_Spouse ®

02/16/2006, 10:08:38
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I was told personally, by a premie, that no one could survive without knowledge.  This was just a couple of years ago, not in the "early days".  My immediate reaction (unspoken because my parents taught me to behave with civility and courtesy at all times, even to those who seem to have somewhat diminished capabilities) was, "Oh, yeah?  Watch this!"

The truth in this, unfortunately
Re: What I was told -- Premie_Spouse Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Jean-Michel ®

02/16/2006, 10:22:49
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Is that this is what most premies feel, when they are involved - and it says a lot !!

They get so much good feelings from watching the videos, staring at Rawat and thinking of him - that they can't think of what their own life could be without this intoxication.

Imagine the empathy (don't even mention 'love') they can have for other people ! Even for other premies as a matter of fact !! None at all !!

And this is one of the things that finally helped me to leave !!

Hey Premie Spouse, do me a favor...
Re: What I was told -- Premie_Spouse Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Will ®

02/16/2006, 10:40:13
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

...next time don't keep such words to yourself, say them out loud!

Modified by Will at Thu, Feb 16, 2006, 10:40:43

Re: Hey Premie Spouse, do me a favor...
Re: Hey Premie Spouse, do me a favor... -- Will Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Premie_Spouse ®

02/16/2006, 11:38:45
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I'm working on that!   Thanks for the encouragement.