Ch4 : Cutting Edge: Cult Killer (slightly OT)
  Archive
Posted by:
Milarepa ®

08/21/2006, 09:03:01
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

For UK exes with an interest in wider cult phenomenon tonights (monday 21st august) Channel 4 programme at 9pm should make interesting viewing.

http://www.channel4.com/listings/C4/index.jsp

Cult Killer is a powerful and dramatic Cutting Edge film, which goes to the heart of one of world's most shocking religious sects.

The Family (aka Children of God) promoted a bizarre blend of messianic Chistianity and `free love` which included paedophillia, incest and sexual abuse. Last year the heir apparent to the cult`s leadership, 29 year old Rick Rodriguez, slit the throat of his former nanny before committing suicide on a lonely highway.

http://www.movingon.org/default.asp?sID=5

Modified by Milarepa at Mon, Aug 21, 2006, 11:30:28

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

Re: Ch4 : Cutting Edge: Cult Killer (slightly OT)
Re: Ch4 : Cutting Edge: Cult Killer (slightly OT) -- Milarepa Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Cynthia ®

08/21/2006, 10:15:55
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Thanks for the post. I wish I could see the show.

I followed the Rick Rodriguez news story after it happened here in the states.  That's one cult that has so many second generation members (those born and brought up in the cult).  Lots of lost teens.

I also caution anyone about reading the movingon site if they have a history of sexual abuse.  It's very graffic and can be upsetting to some.  Those kids don't mince words.

Re: Ch4 : Cutting Edge: Cult Killer (slightly OT)
Re: Re: Ch4 : Cutting Edge: Cult Killer (slightly OT) -- Cynthia Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Milarepa ®

08/21/2006, 11:34:31
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Thanks for the post. I wish I could see the show.

Yea, shame about that Cynthia... seems to be exclusive to the UK.

The Children of God tried to get me involved when I was young and vulnerable, but thankfully I was never convinced. I needed something other than a Jesus based faith, but it was a close thing. I went to a few meetings.