Steven Alan Hassan: Celebrating 30 years of freedom...
  Archive
Posted by:
Cynthia ®

08/22/2006, 15:50:40
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Steve Hassan has been free of the Moonie cult for thirty years.  Now he does good work.

Here's the link to his story on how he got out.  God, he got out of his cult just as I was getting into mine.

Related link: 30 Years of Freedom

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

Re: Steven Alan Hassan: Celebrating 30 years of freedom...
Re: Steven Alan Hassan: Celebrating 30 years of freedom... -- Cynthia Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Susan ®

08/23/2006, 09:41:44
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I am a big fan of Steve Hassan. Though I don't always agree with everything its pretty darn close. I also think he always shows compassion for cult members and has the right attitude...

Very practical advice in his books for how to help a friend or family member in a cult.

Re: Re: Steven Alan Hassan: Celebrating 30 years of freedom... -- Susan Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
tommo ®

08/24/2006, 04:46:07
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I particularly like Steve's 'Questions to Help the Assessment' which he has on his website.  They provide a penetrating menas of doing a 'health check' on any single leader charismatic group

best regards

T

Re: Re: Steven Alan Hassan: Celebrating 30 years of freedom... -- tommo Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Cynthia ®

08/24/2006, 18:00:10
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi Tim,

I've been meaning to congratulate you on coming out with your name here.  It's always better in the long run for us to have names attached to our voices, although some of us have been preyed upon by the cult for speaking out.

I hope it all goes well for you.

Cynthia

Re: Re: Steven Alan Hassan: Celebrating 30 years of freedom... -- Susan Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Cynthia ®

08/24/2006, 17:58:10
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi Susan,

One of the things I like about Steve is that he's been helping out some of the girls that are coming out of the Fundamentalist LDS group that's in of Colorado Springs, Utah.   These are girls who escaped to avoid being married off to some old guys in the cult and they were born into that cult.  Dr. Phil (cough, choke -- I don't like Phil) had them on one of his shows so I watched it.  They seemed so hurt and lost, but Hassan was there as a helper to them.  It was too bad Dr. Phil only gave him two minutes to speak!