Flight of the Golden Toilet
  Archive
Posted by:
Nik ®

05/30/2007, 14:44:06
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

From Wikipedia:

> In 1980, Rawat's activities included the development of an executive jet refurbishing facility known as DECA. The first project was the customization of a Boeing 707 for his work. During 1981, Rawat flew the 707 to South America, Europe, India, Nepal, Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia. He visited forty different cities and spoke on 120 occasions.  <

The reference given is the Cagan book and the inference is clearly that DECA was a legitimate operation. Anyone have any memories of 1981 - did the 707 get used ? Did his 40 city visit involve using the 707 or did he just clock up 40 cities in total in 1981 ?

Nik

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

Re: Flight of the Golden Toilet
Re: Flight of the Golden Toilet -- Nik Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Peter Jackson ®

05/30/2007, 15:50:25
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Nik,

I remember being involved in this project. I was running some ground handling with Paul Griffin on the European leg. I can not confirm 40 cities but the plane certainly came from the States, went to London, India and the Pacific. I do not recall South Africa but it is more than possible. 40 cities would be achievable on a world tour. I imagine domestic USA is included.

Peter

As an after thought, I am sure they threw in fuel stops in the calculations!

Modified by Peter Jackson at Wed, May 30, 2007, 15:52:06

Re: Re: Flight of the Golden Toilet -- Peter Jackson Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
ocker ®

05/30/2007, 20:07:03
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I don't have any real Knowledge but I'd read in the archives (probably) that it basically never flew and was sold off to the Maharishi but then in the video Boundless it showed a 707 landing and Rawat and his family disembarking in a cold climate country.

http://www.ex-premie.org/video/boundless.html

OT to ocker
Re: Re: Flight of the Golden Toilet -- ocker Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Axis ®

05/31/2007, 06:27:49
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

it seems the link is missing in this section:

he video moves on the the late 1970's. In this scene, which looks like it was filmed in the Kissimee swamp
in Florida, Guru Puja 1978, the devotees of Prem Rawat filed between two ranks of chosen "devoted devotees" to inspire them
before they entered the tunnel and walked along a blue carpet through the dark to the throne on which
Prem Rawat sat accepting their kissing of his feet and their "dedication envelopes" in the ritual of "darshan".

Can you please fix it?  thanks

Re: OT to ocker
Re: OT to ocker -- Axis Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Cynthia ®

05/31/2007, 08:00:42
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Another correction would be that the Kissimmee swamp week long festivals, both 1978 and 1979 were not Guru Pujas, they were Hans Jayanti fests, held in November (Shri hans b-day was November 9th).

Modified by Cynthia at Thu, May 31, 2007, 08:02:33

Re: Thanks guys
Re: Re: OT to ocker -- Cynthia Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
ocker ®

05/31/2007, 15:28:07
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Unlike some who I won't mention, we aim to only tell the truth. I will fix.

Re: Flight of the Golden Toilet -- Nik Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
jdalnes ®

06/06/2007, 08:41:51
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I actually cleaned the outside of the plane in Miami.  I was overcome by fumes and almost fell 30 feet.  The authorities grounded it for lack of proper maintenance in America, although I think it flew in India, where they take less notice of these things.