Western World premie numbers
  Archive
Posted by:
ocker ®

05/29/2007, 15:44:01
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

While reminding myself how many premies there were in New Zealand I realised there was a quick and dirty but possibly accurate method of determining the number of premies in the "Western World" according to Elan Vital's own statistics. I had occasionally thought about it but I had been fixated on a slow and clean method involving GNPs and Purchasing Power Parity.

So Australian and New Zealand pwks are to pay 1/20th of the cost of the "10 screening videos" and there were 660 pwks who would go along to a live screening broadcast which they obviously consider the minimum requirement to be an active pwk. Therefore there were approximately 13,000 active pwks in the middle class non-Indian world.

Any statisticians out there?

Dear
City/Centre Teams

SCREENING VIDEO PRODUCTION SUPPORT

You have been receiving screening videos for your
local PWK communities. For 2005 it is 
anticipated that there will be 10 such videos produced. The original production
cost for each original is US5250. Of the
10 screening videos: 4 will be funded by
North
America
, 4 by Europe, 1 by
Pacific and 1 by
South America.

Of the Pacific share, North Pacific and South Pacific
have been requested to cover 50% each for the production of one video from an
event ie
Tainan Event. So our SPac share comes to US2625.00.  Once we contribute towards this, we are not
required to pay any further production
costs this year.

Please note, the screening video copies purchased
from Resource Media is a separate cost and still needs to be paid.  Resource Media covers the costs for
duplication, administration and shipment of these master tapes and gets supported
from the cities when they acquire copies for local use. 

We request your centre to support this one off
project of the production of the original of one event. Being mindful of the
various demands on your contributions, please feel free to send me any queries.
Thanks

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

Re: Western World premie numbers
Re: Western World premie numbers -- ocker Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Nik ®

05/29/2007, 18:32:55
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

That's a pretty good approximation, and fits well with 'event' attendances in Europe up to 2005.

N

Re: Western World premie numbers
Posted by:
OTS ®

05/29/2007, 18:40:59
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Thanks for sharing this piece of crap explanation by the cult.  The nickle and diming is so classic and endless.  It never ends, the fundraising.  The accounts and the subaccounts and endless giving and giving and giving, until the "Team" is revealed to be one guy who works at the gas station in Peak's Crossing when they pull away the curtain.

actually...
Posted by:
tommo ®

05/30/2007, 09:18:34
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

your estimate may represent an upper limit Ocker...?

i.e if it is based on it taking 660 active Aus/NZ  PWKs to pay for 5%. of costs ..then 20 x that number = total population. 

But all PWKs are not equal.  e.g I would bet that UK Pwks are each asked to contribute about twice as much (in US $ terms) as Aus?  i.e.. Once weight-adjusted for average incomes, exchange rates versus US $ and availbility of charitable tax relief then, assuming that one UK pwk is worth 2 Aus, one Eurozone ~ 1.5 Aus, 1 US ~ 1 Aus, South America = ~ 0.5 Aus etc? then I get to a total guestimate of ~ 10,000 total outside of India.

A bit like one of those 'how many sweets in the jar?' puzzles at school summer fayres.  A bit of harmless fun though for those so inclined ...do you think Prem might send some jelly babies to whichever of us is closest?

best

Tim

Modified by tommo at Wed, May 30, 2007, 09:19:18

Re: Poison pills maybe (NT)
Re: actually... -- tommo Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
ocker ®

05/31/2007, 17:12:27
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin